Adult Party Ideas
12 Fun Party Ideas In Baltimore
Maryland's new home for fun! August 15th, 2019
Apart from museums and galleries, Baltimore has a lot to offer when it comes to fun party venues in Baltimore.
Especially when it comes to birthday parties for adults, the more we grow old, the less fun they become in comparison to when we were kids. Once you’re an adult, you might not want to make a big deal out of your birthdays, and planning in advance for it is a far-fetched idea.
However, being an adult doesn’t mean that you can’t have fun on your birthday.. There’s no reason you shouldn’t have fun and celebrate your birthday even if you are swamped with the responsibilities of an adult life round the clock. In fact, your adult birthday party is the perfect chance for you to shed your responsibilities and have a blast!
Now that you are pumped up to have a crazy party with your friends, let’s take a look at the fun party ideas and birthday party venues in Maryland.
1. Create Playful Memories at Wonderfly ArenaIf you’re looking for a fun birthday party venues near me, then Wonderfly Arena is the perfect choice for you. The Baltimore Business Journal described the arena as "a home base for "all things play" with a giant turf and inflatable race course perfect for hosting events, sports training and kids and adult parties". (You can find the full article here)
From a fun bubble soccer games, arrow tag games, human hamster ball, virtual reality, nerf wars and so much more, Wonderfly games have a plethora of fun activities for adults as well as kids. With over 150,000 players till date, you can create fun memories at Wonderfly Arena.
To get started just call (410) 314-1188 and ask about rental space for parties in baltimore!
2. Go Gaming At The ArcadeIn Baltimore, if you are looking for some old school adult fun, you can choose from a variety of arcades to play at. The usual type lets you play classic games like Dig-Dug and Pacman. Then, there are pinball arcades in Baltimore, Timeline Arcade and Spinners Pinball Arcade to name a few, that serve drinks and let you play on traditional machines.
Modern arcades in Baltimore like Dave & Buster’s have a wide range of gaming systems from Game Cube and Playstation 1 to Nintendo Switch and Xbox One. Whatever you prefer is just around the corner in your area, with one quick google search of ‘fun places to go for birthdays’.
Make sure to have a nice dinner prior to the game time so that you can play to your maximum capacity and forget all your woes and troubles.
3. Groove On The MusicFor a relaxed yet fun evening which you can enjoy with your friends along with some cheap drinks and a blasting jukebox, you can headout to Club Charles. Club Charles is a part dive bar, part hipster hangout and part Lynchian fantasy. With deep red interiors and a macabre touch, such as a suit-wearing skeleton that guards the beer list, you can have a fun and crazy evening in this upbeat adult party venue in Baltimore. Enjoy a couple of cocktails or whatever you like at this vibrant spot and have a dance off with your friends. Club Charles is the perfect place for all the crazy party animals out there!
Some more top things to do in Baltimore at night include music bars in Federal Hill, Fells Point, and Canton Square. Each of these iconic areas offer their own unique experience of Baltimore bars, music, and delicious food. Here is quick breakdown of some great spots to add to your Baltimore to do list. Each of these locations offer great music and atmosphere to get your groove on!
4. Enjoy a Drink or two at vibrant barsIf you’re looking for Baltimore points of interest then your search ends at The 13th Floor at The Belvedere. This picturesque rooftop bar and lounge area, situated right above the beautiful Belvedere Hotel in the heart of Baltimore city has the trendiest looks and a modern edge. The 13th floor can host around 100 guests in a cozy dinner setting and offers a full restaurant and bar experience for guests to enjoy.
You can even try a local bar for a close get-together. If you’re not into dancing to EDM, then you can hop in a country line dancing spot like CBS Baltimore and even a vintage themed jazz club like Keystone Korner or The Elk Room. Whatever your pick is, there are plenty of places to visit in Baltimore. It has infinite clubs and bars where you can dance, drink and create crazy memories until the dawn.
5. Jump High At Trampoline ParkA great way to begin your birthday is by reliving the experience and memories of being a kid. If you have plans of dancing, drinking, and dining in the evening, then you can utilize your day with some fun activity.
Air Bound Trampoline Park, also known as White Marsh’s top trampoline park is a great spot for families and friends for taking the fun to new heights. A place filled with jumping platforms, parkour ninja activities and pits full of foam is always pretty fun.
6. Explore Power Plant LiveA one stop destination that has a series of bars, nightclubs, restaurants and music venues- Power Plant Live has something enjoyable for everyone. Located around Baltimore’s Inner harbour area, Power Plant Live offers a holistic experience that is perfect for casual adult get-togethers, adult birthday parties, launch parties, sporting events and much more.
7. Enjoy An Evening Of Live MusicFor true music lovers, Baltimore has some great venues in store. Pier Six Pavillion not only has a beautiful architecture but also a breathtaking view of Inner harbor. It is definitely one of the top places to go in Baltimore.
Since its opening in 1981, the pavilion provided a platform for budding local artists to top-notch performers of the industry. There are more than 4,000 rooms to stay in within the walking radius of the Pier Six Pavillion. So, you can even take a trip to the city if you are coming to catch the live show and have a close place to stay.
You can also check out The 8x10- which is a cozy venue in Federal Hill that features many Baltimore must see artists and some occasional national performers.
Rams Head Live has five bars stacked in a line one after the other. For free events, take a look at WTMD’s First Thursday concert series which runs from May to September. Enjoying an evening full of soothing tunes with your friends is another amazing way to celebrate your big day.
8. Hop on a cruise
Hop on a boat and discover the city’s most precious asset- Inner Harbour. For a Swashbuckling adventure, climb aboard the Pirate Ships of Baltimore that offer tour of the waters at your convenience.
Urban Pirates, which starts sailings from historic Fells Points, offers separate cruises for families and groups who can bring their own grog. A fleet of a dozen solar-powered electric ships, with pirate flags and fake cannons, has space for up to six passengers. For a more relaxed ride, take a narrated tour on Watermark Cruises or enjoy a dinner cruise aboard the Spirit of Baltimore where you get to experience beautiful night views of the harbour along with fun DJ music.
Baltimore Water Taxi, with the help of Under Armour founder Kevin Plank, has recently transformed into something magical. With sleek and modern vessels, you can enjoy the scenic ride in this decade-old ship. All of these Baltimore Attractions are a perfect way to take your adult party to the next level.
9. Step into the world of magicIf you are a Potterhead, there can be no better way to celebrate your adult birthday party than having an experience of Hogwarts itself!
Artist Patrick Acton has designed a stunning immaculate model of the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft from 600,000 matchsticks. The model of magic school which was the alma mater of Harry Potter is on display at Ripley’s Believe It or Not! in Baltimore. The “odditorium” is full of weird attractions and unusual illusions.
So, put on your wizard hat and cloak and get ready to enjoy these baltimore tourist attractions!
10. Cheer on for the Baltimore OriolesIf you wish to see the city come alive, then go for a Baltimore game when the Orioles are playing.
Tens of thousands pack into the Oriole Park to boost the confidence of their beloved baseball team. From 1964 to 1983, The Orioles were at the peak of their success and even won nine division championships, six pennants and three World series.
While the present record of their wins is not that impressive but it doesn’t stop the loyal fans from cheering for their favorite team and having a great time. Look out for John Denver’s “Thank god I’m a Country Boy” during the game which is always played during the seventh inning stretch.
11. Catch a movie at the Charles TheatreThe Charles Theatre is the oldest cinema in Baltimore City. Initially, it was designed as a streetcar barn before being shifted to Charles Street where it currently exists. The five-screen theatre showcases a whole range of independent films as well as some of the latest releases. Every year, the theatre holds the annual Maryland Film Festival which hosts movie lovers from across the state. To have a relaxing evening before going for dinner, head out to the Charles Theatre and catch a movie of your liking.
A birthday is a special occasion, not only because it marks the beginning of your life but also because it is a celebration of life in general. You’re making progress in your life at every stage and celebrating the struggles and challenges you’ve managed to overcome gives you strength to move forward.
A birthday is like standing at the peak of a mountain and noticing everything that has come before to make you the person you are at present, all the while looking at your potential to achieve anything you want in the future. It’s nostalgic and worth celebrating with people who care about you.
If you think organizing a party is a cakewalk, then hold on.
First, you need to fix the date of your party and decide who to invite. Secondly, decide what you want to do or what kind of party it would be. This would narrow down the choice of party venues in Baltimore.
Next, you have to start looking for party venues in Maryland. If you are expecting a large number of guests, then hotels and banquets halls would be perfect for your requirements.
However, if you are having an intimate get-together with a close-knit group then you can look for country clubs, bars, and restaurants. Parks and beaches are excellent for chill and small events, as they allow plenty of space for family activities. Museums and vineyards are a great choice for formal events during the day time.
Baltimore, Maryland boasts infinite party venues that are as unique as the person hosting the party. All you need to do is figure out your personal event style and logistical details such as whether you want it indoors or outdoors.
Once this step is complete, move on to the next stage of searching for suitable party venues near Baltimore. For important occasions, it’s better to book early, as popular party venues fill up instantly. With the help of this exhaustive list of fun party ideas in Baltimore, you’ll definitely be able to have a memorable experience with your family and friends.
Ready to Host the
Wonderfly Arena is Maryland's newest indoor sports and entertainment facility, complete with a state-of-the-art turf field, BubbleBall, Arrow Tag, Virtual Reality, party space, corporate meeting space, and much more.
Located right off 695 in Baltimore County and just minutes from downtown Baltimore and Howard County, Wonderfly Arena is easily accessible from any direction. Submit an online request or call us at 410-314-1188 to begin your Wonderfly experience today!
Bubble Soccer (aka Bubble Ball, Battle Balls and Bumper Ball), you wear an inflatable bubble suits that allows you to safely bounce off other players and roll over completely
Arrow Tag and Nerf
An exhilarating combo of archery, dodgeball, and paintball. Which makes it a great choice for birthdays, bachelor parties, team building and special events.
The perfect addition to any adult or kids birthday party, company team building event, fundraiser, festival or special event. You'll get inside a giant inflatable ball and run, flip, bounce and roll in your own personal zorb ball!
Virtual Reality & Gaming
Wonderfly Arena is reinventing the video game party with an immersive virtual experience and three gaming stations for nintendo switch and xbox one.
Glow Party Games
Wonderfly Arena transforms after dark in a blacklight glow-in-the-dark arena. You'll play BubbleBall, Arrow Tag, Hamster Balls, Nerf, Blacklight Dodgeball and more
Arena Party Guide
Includes our pricing, our locations, game info, & more!